With A Warm, Caring Staff and Stunningly Natural Results,
Our Approach to Surgery is Anything but Plastic
What’s the best age for breast augmentation? If you’re ready for surgery, come see us, whatever your age. The best time for breast augmentation is whenever you’re ready. If you’re in your 20s, this guide will provide essential tips for a successful surgical experience. If you’re older, many of these tips still apply to you as well. Call and schedule your consultation today.
The 20s are a prime time for breast augmentation. In 2015, nearly 80,000 women between 20-29 received breast augmentation. Choosing breast augmentation at this age has many benefits including:
- Young and Healthy: In their 20s, many women are young and healthy. There are very few medical reasons that would prohibit surgery. Younger patients often heal more quickly and return to work sooner.
- No Need for a Mammogram: Older women may need a mammogram before breast augmentation, but most patients in their 20s won’t need one.
- Enjoy Your Results for a Lifetime: Breast augmentation offers long-lasting results. With breast augmentation during your 20s, you can enjoy lifelong results with only the occasional implant replacement.
Make the most of your breast augmentation with these simple tips focused on women in their 20s.
- Plan on at Least One Implant Replacement: Most women that get implants in their 20s will need an implant replacement or removal at some point in the future. Plan on at least one additional breast surgery and potentially more.
- Implant Choices May Be Limited: If you’re in your early 20s, you may have to choose saline implants. Silicone implants are only FDA-approved for cosmetic use in patients that are 22 or older.
- You Can Probably Still Breastfeed: Many younger women wonder if breastfeeding will be possible with breast implants. The good news is, much of the time, you can breastfeed after breast augmentation. Let us know if this is a priority for you as some incision types can increase your chances of success.
- Pregnancy Can Cause Breast Changes: If you get breast augmentation before you have children, you may notice some changes after pregnancy. These breast changes are common and would have occurred with or without implants. If you do experience unappreciated breast changes, come see us. A breast lift can help many women to restore a more youthful breast appearance.
- Choose Your Surgeon Carefully: The most important tip for a successful breast augmentation is to choose your surgeon carefully. At any age, your choice of surgeon determines your results. Dr. Coan is a board-certified surgeon with extensive experience performing breast surgeries. His expertise can help you have a successful experience.
Start the journey to loving your breasts. Call and schedule your breast augmentation consultation today.Return to Overview