With A Warm, Caring Staff and Stunningly Natural Results,
Our Approach to Surgery is Anything but Plastic
The Brazilian butt lift (also called a “BBL,” “butt enhancement,” “gluteal augmentation,” or “buttock augmentation”) is a plastic surgery procedure that augments the gluteal region of the body. The BBL involves the removal and transfer of fat from one or more areas of the body into the buttock or the hip area. The fat is collected through liposuction, then purified by centrifuge and re-injected into the buttocks. The Brazilian butt lift surgery is considered a “same day” surgical procedure where a patient may go home the same day that the surgical procedure is performed. Many patients report that BBL produces a more aesthetically pleasing silhouette and greater volume to the backside. The BBL has a 91% “worth it” rating on Real Self.
- A butt or gluteal area that is proportionally small to the overall frame
- Saggy buttocks (as a result of weight loss or age)
- Buttocks that differ in size and or shape
- a flat butt
- Buttocks that are flat or lack volume due to weight-loss surgery (such as gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, gastric balloon)
- A BMI (body mass index) under 29, yet over 22
This body sculpting surgery may help lift the gluteal area, add volume to the buttocks, and, in some cases, create a “shelf” to the backside. Many of Dr. Brian Coan’s patients at CARE Plastic Surgery have reported that their BBL has helped feminize their overall body shape, and it may give a more youthful appearance by reducing the waistline while simultaneously adding the desired volume to the behind. Dr. Coan’s primary method for patients looking to augment or enhance their butt is via fat transfer to the buttocks. Dr. Coan prefers using a patient’s fat rather than silicone butt implants (gluteal implants). It’s important to remember that transferred fat cells will behave like the fat already in the body and are vulnerable to weight gains and losses.
To achieve the best long-lasting BBL results, Dr. Coan advises his patients to maintain their weight after their Brazilian Butt Lift procedure rather than drastically lose a considerable amount of weight. Because Dr. Coan teaches and trains other plastic surgeons in the art and science of the BBL, he is a noted cosmetic and body contouring expert and has been featured nationally as a Real Self Top Doctor every year since 2015 and featured on the Emmy award-winning show The DRS. Call (919) 883-9491 to schedule a consultation today.
During the procedure, Dr. Brian Coan will first use liposuction to remove unwanted fat from the arms, back, hips, thighs, and/or abdomen. The fat is then processed and strategically placed into different areas of the buttocks. The best candidates for a BBL have pockets of fat on the body. Patients who do not have “enough” fat may be instructed to gain weight (sometimes 10 to 20 lbs) before surgery. Dr. Coan is renowned for taking considerable time with patients to discuss and plan how to achieve their aesthetic goals. Patients often look for an “hourglass shape,” which may be achieved by contouring the patient’s abdominal area by reducing love handles and midsection fat and implementing contoured curves with fat transfer. Dr. Coan prefers to use a patient’s own fat rather than a gluteal implant, as fat ultimately gives a much softer, natural feel and result. Since no two bodies are alike, each BBL by Dr. Coan results are unique to each patient, and much time is taken to discuss the risks, benefits, and outcomes.
It’s common to see BBLs advertised for $4,000 or $5,000. We see major discounts offered, especially in areas where the amount of fat a plastic surgeon can transfer is dictated and limited by law, like in Florida. Here in North Carolina, we do not have the same Florida fat transfer law, and we follow the guidelines for liposuction and fat transfer safety set by the American Society for Plastic Surgeons. Our BBL procedure offers the greatest amount of fat removal safely recommended. At CARE, our plastic surgeons only augment your buttocks with purified fat, not a fat and water mix like some surgeons. While a mixture of fat and water looks more voluminous immediately after surgery, the water quickly diminishes after surgery and we consider that look to be somewhat deceptive to the long-term aesthetic.
The BBL pricing at CARE ranges from $12,500 to $17,500 and depends on the number of areas where liposuction, fat harvest, and fat transfer are performed. Call (919) 883-9491 or email us at email@example.com to schedule a consultation or to speak with one of our patient care coordinators. BBL costs also are determined based on the surgeon’s expertise and the amount of time needed to perform the surgery. This is a comprehensive fee that includes all costs associated with this plastic surgery procedure. Included in this fee are the operating room fee, the anesthesia fee, all pre-operative and post-operative visits, the surgeon’s fee, nurse fees, custom surgical garments, and consultation fees are all included.
Dr. Coan was one of the first board-certified plastic surgeons in the Triangle area of North Carolina to routinely perform the BBL procedure here and has gone on to teach and train other plastic surgeons on the art and science of his revolutionary body contouring surgical procedures. Dr. Coan has performed hundreds of BBLs and has a detailed, specific, and unique treatment plan for each patient’s surgery and recovery which has resulted in many happy patients.
Because any plastic surgeon can perform the Brazilian Butt Lift, you may consider choosing a plastic surgeon who routinely performs the BBL. When considering augmentation to the gluteal area we recommend considering the following:
- Is your plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- This ensures that they are qualified to perform your surgery.
- Is your plastic surgeon a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- The ASPS is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world
- Is your plastic surgeon a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons?
- Membership in this society requires a plastic surgeon to have board certification and also perform numerous aesthetic surgical procedures each year
- Does your plastic surgeon teach and train other plastic surgeons how to perform Brazilian butt lift surgery?
- Only a plastic surgeon with considerable experience will be called upon to educate and train other plastic surgeons on how to achieve optimal BBL results
- Are there any previous BBL patients you may speak with?
- Feel free to ask to speak with past patients and also to view photos
- Does your plastic surgeon perform the BBL in an accredited facility? What is accreditation?
- Surgical suite accreditation is important as it ensures the highest level of patient safety
- Is there a “limit” to how much fat can be transferred?
- Some states, especially where extremely discounted pricing is offered, may not disclose a “fat transfer law” that limits the amount of fat that can be transferred
Interested in the Brazilian Butt Lift? Call (919) 335-9298 to schedule an appointment at our state-of-the-art surgical facility in Cary located just around the corner from RDU Airport with easy access for our out-of-town clients.
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery involves liposuction to remove fat on the hips, outer thigh areas, flanks, and waistline to enhance the rounded buttock effect even more. Our Brazilian Butt Lift patients from all over North Carolina enjoy how the results enhance their appearance both in and out of their clothes.
What will my results look like?
Can you transfer fat to your breasts?
Can fat transfer be removed?
Does fat grafting leave scars?
Does fat transfer last?
How common are buttock implants?
How dangerous is liposuction?
How do you give a shot in the glute?
Is Brazilian buttock lift permanent?
Request a Consultation!Click Here!
Dear Dr. Coan, Heartfelt thanks for your TLC and excellent skills ~ especially your knowledge and appreciation of micro-surgical techniques! Your feedback gave me a lot of confidence and assurance regarding my healing process. I am slowly re-introducing activity, and feeling great. Mary Ann
- Verified Care Plastic Surgery Patient
Everyone here at Care plastic surgery are completely amazing people. They all made me feel very comfortable and safe in their hands. Dr. Coan is an amazing surgeon and does his absolute best to make sure you leave here looking and feeling amazing. -Mary John
- Verified Care Plastic Surgery Patient
Dr. Coan did an AMAZING job on my BBL!
- Verified Care Plastic Surgery Patient
Find out which procedures are the best fit, select your age to see recommendations!
I am so happy and I feel so confident!