You’ve always dreamed of bigger breasts, but never made it happen. Now, you’re in your 50s and are finally ready for breast augmentation. Is it too late? Not at all! Call us today and schedule your breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Coan.
Why Do Women Choose Breast Augmentation in Their 50s?
Although breast augmentation isn’t the most popular procedure for women in their 50s, accounting for only 2% of the cosmetic surgical procedures in women 55+, it can be a very fulfilling option for the women that choose it. Each patient has their unique reasons for choosing breast implants, but we find many similarities exist.
- Always Wanted Breast Augmentation- Many women have wanted bigger breasts since their teens, but haven’t had the surgery for one reason or another. It isn’t too late to embrace your dreams.
- Can Finally Afford Breast Implants- Many women have delayed breast augmentation due to the cost of the procedure, but can finally afford it in their 50s. It may also be easier to have surgery now that children are getting older and are requiring less care.
- Want a Confidence Boost– Your children are growing up and your body has undergone many changes since your 20s. Many women in their 50s choose breast augmentation to rediscover confidence. Yes, you’re older, but you can still look great!
- Restore Body After Breast Cancer- Breast implants can also be used for breast reconstruction in women that have lost breast tissue due to cancer and other health concerns.
Tips for a Successful Breast Augmentation in Your 50s
Women in their 50s will face a few unique concerns as they prepare for breast augmentation. These tips will help to ensure your success.
- You’ll Probably Need a Lift- Most women in their 50s will need a breast lift. We can perform this at the same time as your breast augmentation.
- Your Birthdate Is Less Important than Your Health- When it comes to plastic surgery, age is just a number. We’re more concerned about the state of your health. Many women in their 50s are healthy enough for breast augmentation. Come to your consultation ready to discuss any medications you take and any health problems you may have.
- How’s Your Skin?- Skin health has often declined by the 50s, making breast augmentation more difficult. Some patients scar more easily than they used to. Skin with poor elasticity may have a difficult time supporting larger implants. We’ll examine your skin and make treatment recommendations that address any age-related changes to skin quality.
- Don’t Forget Your Mammograms- Even with implants, you still need mammograms. You may need a mammogram before surgery and you’ll need to follow your recommended breast cancer screening protocols after breast augmentation. Take care of your breast health.
Call and schedule your breast augmentation consultation today.