With A Warm, Caring Staff and Stunningly Natural Results,
Our Approach to Surgery is Anything but Plastic
You love how you look in a sexy dress or your favorite bikini, but what about when it all comes off? How do you feel about your most private parts? If you’re experiencing discomfort, embarrassment, or unwanted changes due to aging or childbirth, come see double-board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Coan. Feel confident in and out of the bedroom.
- Procedure: Labiaplasty
- Who Is Labiaplasty for? Any woman that is bothered by or experiencing discomfort due to long/large labia minora.
- Where Is Labiaplasty Performed? All of our plastic surgery procedures, including labiaplasty, are performed in AAAA-SF surgical centers with local anesthesia with MAC (monitored anesthesia care) or general anesthesia.
- When Is the Best Time to Have Labiaplasty? Year-round (depending on recreational activities).
- Length of the Procedure: 30-60 minutes.
- What’s My Downtime? Plan on approximately two days off of work and 4-6 weeks before resuming strenuous activities (like going to the gym).
- Best Age for Labiaplasty: Can be performed at any age. We perform this procedure on young women in college, moms after pregnancy and childbirth, and older women due to age-related changes.
- Approximate Labiaplasty Cost: $2,000-$5,000, depending on the length of the procedure.
- Patient Satisfaction: Very High
- Patient Pain Report: Mild to moderate (many patients experience little pain).
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure to decrease the size of the labia minora. It is performed for many reasons, only a few of which are purely cosmetic. Some reasons include:
- Alleviate pain and discomfort in the vaginal area during exercise and other activities.
- Relieve discomfort caused by sexual intercourse.
- Reduce the size of a large labia
- Increase personal hygiene when using the restroom or during menstruation.
Labiaplasty is a personal decision, but don’t let the common misconceptions surrounding this procedure keep you from learning more. Many patients choose labiaplasty to feel better, not just to enhance their sexuality. More and more women have begun to initiate the conversation regarding this procedure with their surgeons, and according to the ASPS, it has a very high patient satisfaction rate (94-100% in a recent study).
You might have questions about labiaplasty, and who better to answer them than a patient who has been there and experienced it? One of our patients posted a detailed review about her labiaplasty experience with Dr. Coan on RealSelf.
This patient was a 25-year-old female with no children. She decided to pursue labiaplasty due to pain and discomfort. She explains, “The pain caused by everyday activities, or even the wrong cut of underwear, has gone on long enough. I am starting my (very physical) career in the next couple of years, and I know that this will help me tremendously.”
Labiaplasty is a highly complex procedure that is rapidly changing and evolving as new techniques are developed. Many of the problems associated with labiaplasty come from inexperienced surgeons performing surgeries they don’t understand. Dr. Coan is a double-board-certified plastic surgeon and one of the top plastic surgeons in the area (he was voted Durham’s top plastic surgeon seven years in a row by Durham Magazine). He has successfully performed many labiaplasty plastic surgery procedures, helping women reclaim their lives, comfort, and confidence.
One month after surgery, the patient summed up her experience by saying, “I cannot stress enough how happy I am that I decided to do this. I can’t stop smiling over simple things like not having to part my lips to use the bathroom, or wearing cute underwear, or the feeling of being lighter and cleaner… I’ve already lost 6 lbs since my surgery, and it will only get better from here as I can become more and more active– now able to reach levels I could never reach without extreme pain and discomfort. It is just really amazing to me how much my entire being has changed over something so small, so easy, and something that only myself and my boyfriend get to see.”
What can labiaplasty do for you? Call 919-484-4884 and schedule your consultation with Dr. Coan today.Return to Overview